Gun project/Rainbow RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The warcraft III castle defense map and RPG map

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rainbow RPG issue

Go down 
+2
Pauliieee
Combo
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Combo

Combo

Rainbow RPG issue Empty
PostSubject: Rainbow RPG issue   Rainbow RPG issue EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 9:27 pm

Okay everyone, the day that i expected has arrived. Looks like someone has hacked into my map and added a cheat pack. As a result I will have to wipe the save codes for every new version now if i want to continue making this map. I also contemplated about stopping the map in general would seem like a waste of time continuing, but please guys post your thoughts.

Thanks Combo. 
Back to top Go down
Pauliieee

Rainbow RPG issue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rainbow RPG issue   Rainbow RPG issue EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 3:43 am

so all previous load codes won't work...?

=(
Back to top Go down
X_Madness_X

X_Madness_X

Rainbow RPG issue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rainbow RPG issue   Rainbow RPG issue EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 4:40 am

Pauliieee wrote:
so all previous load codes won't work...?

=(

Thats what you got from this?
Back to top Go down
Pauliieee

Rainbow RPG issue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rainbow RPG issue   Rainbow RPG issue EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 5:13 am

oh please, as long as there is a new map there will be someone to crack it. with all the rpg's on warcraft, none of them are "hackproof".
Back to top Go down
X_Madness_X

X_Madness_X

Rainbow RPG issue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rainbow RPG issue   Rainbow RPG issue EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 5:33 am

Sadly what u said is true. But would you hack the same map twise if the host just codewipes. I know i wouldnt. I wouldnt waste my time with 1 map when there are other requests to be filled.

edit: Whatever happens to this map it was one of the best rpgs ive ever played. And even though there is a hacked map they are most likely not on bored aussie. and anyway i dont think Combo or myself will host the hacked version. Heck let the noobs hack this map whats the worst they do. get a super epic character to brag about. Wow fantastic. They will get bored and will make other heroes eventually.
Back to top Go down
Granny

Granny

Rainbow RPG issue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rainbow RPG issue   Rainbow RPG issue EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 5:37 am

i was just wonderin if it would be possible to password protect the warvraft3 map.j file

as that is the file they open to insert the hacks and stuff

also nice dp combo
Back to top Go down
X_Madness_X

X_Madness_X

Rainbow RPG issue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rainbow RPG issue   Rainbow RPG issue EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 5:53 am

even if you do that granny what paulie said before. No map is hackproof. It will just make it more difficult
Back to top Go down
Granny

Granny

Rainbow RPG issue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rainbow RPG issue   Rainbow RPG issue EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 5:58 am

well i hope combo doesnt hate me 4 saying this buuut.

unless u knew the password you woulnt b able to access the .j file and if he makes it so mpqmaster fatals like he has when ppl try to deprotect teh map that means they wont b able to

im speaking form prior experience as i have hacked a map or 2 in the past

tbh i have an account on the site that hacked your map but i didnt do it or have any part of it

tho i would never hack a popular map or 1 i liked ----- RUINS THEM------- (unluckly i hacked tkok b4 it was popular)

i want to apolgise to combo casue as i sadi i was checking 4 hacks adn unless i knew where tehy were i woulnt have found his name ><

plz plz plz dont hate me / ban me >< >< >< >< ><

Last edited by Granny on Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
X_Madness_X

X_Madness_X

Rainbow RPG issue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rainbow RPG issue   Rainbow RPG issue EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 6:01 am

wait so you technicly know how to hack a map. hmm combo might be able to use that as his advantage. why dont you pm him how you would try to get past his security and if thats how it works try find a way to block it off?.

I honestly have no idea how to hack nor make a map so please excuse me if this is not possible
Back to top Go down
Pauliieee

Rainbow RPG issue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rainbow RPG issue   Rainbow RPG issue EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 6:06 am

the idea to add a password seems a decent idea...just like adding anti virus and whatever other security measures you have at home will never fully stop anyone; you hope to stop them enough that they move on. moar security measure may be the answer >.>
Back to top Go down
Granny

Granny

Rainbow RPG issue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rainbow RPG issue   Rainbow RPG issue EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 6:06 am

edit on 2nd thought mby i wont p[ost how to hack a map just incase some smart asshole decided to do it and i get in trouble

also combo if you would like to folo this line of thought just pm me adn ill be happy to oblige

Last edited by Granny on Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:15 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
X_Madness_X

X_Madness_X

Rainbow RPG issue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rainbow RPG issue   Rainbow RPG issue EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 6:11 am

i would like to continue this discussion via pm or a somewhat private fourum. i do not like how we are explaining hacking in the public.
Back to top Go down
Combo

Combo

Rainbow RPG issue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rainbow RPG issue   Rainbow RPG issue EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 6:30 am

Granny01:hi undead im having trouble extracting the raw item codes from this map.

rainbow orpg 4.4

i know the maker protected the map as when i played with him teh other day he was bragging about how he protected the map so well

i have sucselfully insterted jjcp and enabled sp in a copy of this map but i know that he has used custom itemcodes and has a gap eg I01Z then empty until I09D

plz help cause im stuck ><

non hacked
Attachment:
opt-Rainbow ORPG 4.4.w3x

also i have uploaded the hacked version but i understand that it makes it harder to use or something soz
just incase it makes a difference

hacked
Attachment:
opt-Rainbow ORPG 4.4.w3x

Every map is hackable, so i guess im just wasting my time with this
Back to top Go down
Granny

Granny

Rainbow RPG issue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rainbow RPG issue   Rainbow RPG issue EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 6:34 am

sry i feel stupid 4 even trying to help now all i wanted to do was keep you maing teh map but im 1 moment of stupiditiy i got pissed off adn i wanted to find out what items there were

this is probaly teh result of me not finding out about the bounty hunter gear until i asked you ingame the other day

i feel soo f****ng stupid now sigh

plz dont stop making it

1 solution u didnt add their was me trying to help you but i guess casue i did what i did you dont want my help

sry every1 i ruined a perfectly good map in my pursit to prove to combo i deserved to b a pruple person .............

if i am allowed to help combo im changing back to a yelo guy

Last edited by Granny on Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Combo

Combo

Rainbow RPG issue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rainbow RPG issue   Rainbow RPG issue EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 6:42 am

it would only take 20 minutes at most for experts to add a cheat pack in after they deprotect and remove the No single player system.The only thing i can do is code wipe with every update i make or remove the Code gen system and make it unsavable and of course the final solution play with hackers.
Back to top Go down
Granny

Granny

Rainbow RPG issue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rainbow RPG issue   Rainbow RPG issue EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 6:59 am

serves me right becasue i have tried to help protect the map i regretablly hacked i have no been ip banned from the other server

if this makes any difference to any1

( i hope the majority of teh reactions will be good serves him right but that is jsut what i would say)

and combo unless u ask me 2 im never looking at ur map code again
Back to top Go down
Combo

Combo

Rainbow RPG issue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rainbow RPG issue   Rainbow RPG issue EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 7:06 am

Its okay really, ive spent almost 2 years of work on this for people to enjoy it, but people that have requested for cheats are only lowering their own gameplay. Most people will get their hands on this cheated map and will only ruin it for themselves and others for the glory of showing off. To be honest i havent played much of the map myself i have only been testing and helping others enjoy the experience.
Back to top Go down
Granny

Granny

Rainbow RPG issue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rainbow RPG issue   Rainbow RPG issue EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 7:11 am

regarding your pm im glad that you are continuing the map even if it is on specific conditions

and im glad that everyone will get to enjoy the map as much as me or more depending on what extent everyone belives i hacked for myself ( i hacked the item names / codes not the hero levels )

edit:1 typo
Back to top Go down
Vlyse

Rainbow RPG issue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rainbow RPG issue   Rainbow RPG issue EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 5:52 pm

Hi! First off, I'd like to introduce myself since I'm new to this forum. I'm Vlyse @USEast and I've hosted this map a few times since discovering it on Epicwar's front page the other day.

Since then, I've been lurking on these forums and on Epicwar awaiting further updates, as I really enjoy this map. It's not too often I find a map as unique as this one with the hero concepts, their models, their spells, their spell animations, and the item system. I consider it also one that has an "epic" feeling to it due to the huge stat numbers, but it's still challenging despite these huge numbers. Epicness is something I consider some other RPGs (that are maybe more popular) to be lacking.

Reading this post gave me incentive to register, as I was very disappointed in the possibility of discontinuing such a great map. I would just like COMBO to know that there are people that host and enjoy his map he has worked hard on and will continue to play the legit versions. I do not believe it is fair to legit players, or even COMBO, to discontinue this map simply because of the very few cheaters. I have never seen a playerbase majority of a map as awesome as this one play the hacked version over the legit version.

If codewipes are really necessary for every version for COMBO to be able to continue making this map, I suppose I would be for it, as leveling is not really an issue. Though if this is the case, I would prefer infrequent updates with huge additions rather than daily updates with small additions, so codewipes are not as discouraging against legit players and new players alike.

Thank you for reading my post. I only wish for the best intentions, in which I sincerely hope COMBO will continue making this map for people to enjoy.
Back to top Go down
Dane-B

Rainbow RPG issue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rainbow RPG issue   Rainbow RPG issue EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 4:30 am

With the wiping every update Combo, yes i'm sure it would eventually discourage people from hacking your map but I think it would discourage ligit players even more as they have put the time and effort into lvling up and get the gear for their characters and this will all be lost when you do a wipe, and as for the hackers all they need to do is spend another 5 minutes remaking their characters to level 90 and using the item codes they had previously to get their characters to the exact same state they were in, in the last version prior to the wipe.
Back to top Go down
Combo

Combo

Rainbow RPG issue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rainbow RPG issue   Rainbow RPG issue EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 6:27 am

Its not just item codes its also cheats which can give any stat (attibutes), level, items, so a person could have 999999 Strength and best gear in the game as well as level 90 how annoying would it be if that person loaded that hero unallied you and killed you everytime you respawned? would cause people to leave the game for good. It would also mean that everyone that messages me with level 90 vamps and LGs i will then have to give them true forms which makes the addition of  true forms useless as well. 
Back to top Go down
Dane-B

Rainbow RPG issue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rainbow RPG issue   Rainbow RPG issue EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 6:29 am

yes but wiping the codes wont necessarily stop them from doing it again, and then all we can do is maybe have a place on the forums to report hackers? and then when people host the map they just kick the people that have been reported and banned
Back to top Go down
Combo

Combo

Rainbow RPG issue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rainbow RPG issue   Rainbow RPG issue EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 6:35 am

Most players dont even access the forums and ive made a decision i wont be code wiping/hosting/playing/updating/or even continuing the map sorry Locked.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rainbow RPG issue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rainbow RPG issue   Rainbow RPG issue Empty

Back to top Go down

Rainbow RPG issue
Page 1 of 1